Please click below for PPT for Using Assistive Technology to Increase Literacy Skills for Children PreK-3 with Developmental Disabilities presentation.
Please click here for PPT for Teaching Problem-Solving Skills through STEM: Engineering Experiences for Children with Developmental Disabilities presentation.
As always, please leave comments or email me for more information.
Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
Early Childhood UDL Planning Sheet-Blank
Resources on Engineering and Robotics:
- Chalufour & Worth, 2004. Building Structures with Young Children
- DeVries & Sales. Ramps and Pathways
- Winnett, David A.; Rockwell, Robert E.; Sherwood, Elizabeth A.; & Williams, Robert A. (1996). Discovery science: Explorations for the early years. Menlo Park, CA: Innovative Learning Publications.
- NSTA Preschool STEM Blog Post: http://nstacommunities.org/blog/2010/03/01/preschool-stem/
- WGBH Curious George Let’s Build! Series http://www.pbs.org/teachers/curiousgeorge/lessonplans/
- Goldilocks Engineering Curriculum (Portsmore, 2010)
- National Research Council 2009 Report on K-12 Engineering Education. www.nap.edu
- Ashbrook, P. (2010). Building with sand. Science & Children, March 2010.
- Illinois Early Learning Project STEM Resources: http://illinoisearlylearning.org/askanexpert/beneke/sup.htm
- Green, T. (2007). Primary Engineering: Projects for Grades K-2. Knoxville, TN: College House Books.
If you want more information about the ideas problem solving skills and engineering design for children birth to five, please our book Engaging Young Engineers: Teaching Problem Solving Skills through STEM.
Additional Resources for Engineering Challenges
I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place