Thank you to everyone who attended our session today, Rights-based Approaches in the Field of Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education. Here are the some of the resources we discussed.
The documentary- Voices of Children
- A 24-minutes long documentary on the actions of young children in four languages in eight diverse sites
- Brazil, India, Kenya, Singapore, and the US
- The documentary follows the themes embedded in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child by advocating for inclusive practices in early childhood education
- Child Rights and International Legal Frameworks
- Framework for Child Protection
- Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Children’s Voices: A principled framework (from South Africa)
- Murray, J. (2019). Hearing young children’s voices, International Journal of Early Years Education, 27(1), 1-5, DOI: 10.1080/09669760.2018.1563352
- Khoja, N. (2016). Situating children’s voices: Considering the context when conducting research with young children. Children & Society, 30(4), 314-323.
- Video on creation of principled framework to incorporate children’s voices in Australia — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygwVQWEEfEU
- Johnson, V., & West, A. (2018). Children’s Participation in Global Contexts: Going Beyond Voice. New York: Routledge.
Our contact info:
Serra Acar, email@example.com
Angi Stone-MacDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org