by CM Undergraduate Program Office
Comments Off on U-ACCESS Food Drive, Presentation Club, and MAP Events Week of 9/26
Happy Friday all,
Please see below for this week’s announcements:
- The Undergraduate Program Office will be hosting a food drive for the U-ACCESS Food Pantry starting 9/26/16 and culminating at the MOST Conference on 10/1/16. 9/30/16 will be the last day to donate food in the Undergraduate Program Office. The purpose of the U-ACCESS Food Pantry is to supplement the food supply for any UMass Boston students who may be experiencing hunger and struggling to buy food. Please see the attached flier for more information on how to earn a MAP mile for donating at least five items. If you are a student who has utilized U-ACCESS, you will gain access to the MAP mile via the U-ACCESS office in a confidential manner.
- You are invited by the Presentation Club!
Please join us for the first in a series of presentation workshops.
Date: September 26, 2016
Time: 4:00pm – 5:00pm
Location: McCormack 5th Floor, room 211 — Accounting & Finance Conference Room
- Students interested in improving their presentation skills by practicing.
- Students interested in becoming comfortable while facing an audience.
- Students interested in discussing presentation best practices.
There will be a series of meetings throughout the semester. I am looking for one or two students to help host future meetings. If you are interested in this initiative or have other general questions please contact email@example.com for further information.
- See below for next week’s MAP events:
BGS Presents: Exam Prep: 9.26.16, 12:30pm-1:30pm
Happy Birthday, MAP!: 9.26.16, 2pm-3pm
On-Campus Interview Preparation: 9.26.16, 2pm-3:30pm
Financial Education Institute : 9.26.16, 6pm-7pm
Fundamental Laws of Investing: 9.27.16, 2pm-4pm
Business, Accounting, & Finance Career Expo: 9.27.16, 3pm-6pm- This event is worth two miles and you do not need to stay the entire time. To earn MAP credit, be sure to check out with a CM staff member before you leave to talk about your experience at the Career Fair.
Career Services Intro to Internships and Resources: 9.28.16, 12pm-1pm
Work Authorization for International Students: 9.28.16, 2pm-3pm- This event is for international students only.
Internship Search Strategies: 9.29.16, 10am-11am
How to Follow up After the Career Fair: 9.29.16, 11am-12pm
Fundamental Laws of Investing: 9.29.16, 2pm-4pm
BGS Presents: Goal Setting: 9.29.16, 4:30pm-5:30pm
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a great weekend,
The Undergraduate Program Office