SIGNING UP FOR A CMWA
The College of Management Writing Assessment (CMWA) will take place on Blackboard Learn in a proctored setting. You must be enrolled into the CMWA Blackboard Learn course to sign up for a test date/time.
For New Transfer Students
The College of Management works to get you a Blackboard Learn account by the time you attend an orientation session. When you attend Orientation, you will be told if you need to take the CMWA and you will have the opportunity to sign up for an upcoming CMWA exam. At Orientation, you will start at Step 4 below.
For Continuing and Current UMass Boston students or Non-Degree Students
It is the students’ responsibility to request enrollment via the online registration form (not in person, over the phone or via email), to take the CMWA exam. To get started with the sign up process:
- Check to see if you have the College of Management Writing Assessment as a course within you Blackboard Learn account at UMass Boston. If you see the CMWA “course” in your Blackboard Learn Center, skip to step 4. If you do not have a Blackboard Learn Account, or you do not have the College of Management Writing Assessment Course in your Blackboard Learn Account, follow to step 2.
- If you do not have a CMWA “course” in your Blackboard Learn Center, please complete this online CMWA registration form. After you have completed the Registration Form, an email confirmation will be sent to your UMB email account.
- In order to use Blackboard Learn, students must have an active umb.edu email account. If you are experiencing problems with your UMB email account, please contact the IT Service Desk by emailing email@example.com or calling 617-287-5220 (8 AM – 6 PM, Mon. – Fri.).
- Once you are enrolled into the CMWA Blackboard Learn course, you MUST log on to Blackboard Learn and visit the CMWA course. On the homepage are located the CMWA exam sign-up sheets for the current testing period. Test dates and seat availability for each exam are on a first come, first serve basis. Select a test date to sign-up.
- You must sign yourself up on the sign-up sheet for a particular test date in Blackboard Learn to be able to take the proctored exam at the scheduled day and time.
- YOU CANNOT JUST SHOW UP AT A TEST WITHOUT ENROLLING IN BLACKBOARD LEARN FIRST AND WITHOUT SIGNING UP ON A SIGN-UP SHEET.
- This process may take up to 5 business days (Monday – Friday) to complete.