Beta Gamma Sigma is an International Honors Society for students at AACSB accredited business schools. UMass Boston’s College of Management is proud to have a Chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma and invite eligible students to become lifetime members each year.
- top 10% of undergraduate juniors (75-89 credits) who have a minimum of 30 credits earned at UMass Boston as a Management major
- top 10% of undergraduate seniors (90+ credits) who have a minimum of 30 credits earned at UMass Boston as a Management major
- top 20% of graduate students with more than 50% of the program (MBA, MSA, MSF, MSIT, or MSIM) completed
- all doctoral students who have completed the academic coursework of the PhD program
With over 100 years as a society and more than 700,000 members, Beta Gamma Sigma is the “Best in Business”. Once invited to join, students can become lifetime members through a onetime membership fee. As members, some benefits include:
- Lifetime recognition for outstanding academic achievement
- Opportunities to connect with the “Best in Business” through the BGS Alumni Network
- Discounts on valuable products and services including publications, test prep, technology and professional attire
- CareerCentral: The BGS Career Resource Center
Beta Gamma Sigma Presents Workshop Series at UMass Boston’s College of Management
In addition to inviting the Best in Business to join this honors society, Beta Gamma Sigma presents a workshop series helping to promote academic success for all students in the College of Management. If you are interested in improving and honing some of your academic habits and skills to be the best student you can be, check out this workshop series. All the BGS Presents Workshops are a part of the Management Achievement Program and are each worth 50 MAP Miles.
2/18 @ 3 PM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Note Taking Strategies
2/19 @ 3 PM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Time Management
2/21 @ 2 PM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Note Taking Strategies
2/25 @ 12:30 PM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Time Management
4/10 @ 9:30 AM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Exam Preparation
4/14 @ 11 AM in H-11-0011A, BGS Presents: Exam Preparation
4/28 @ 10 AM, location TBD, BGS Presents: Stress Management and Relaxation
5/6 @ 4 PM, location TBD, BGS Presents: Stress Management and Relaxation
If you have questions about Beta Gamma Sigma or the BGS Presents Workshop Series, please contact Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.