Synaptic Global Learning
The vision of Synaptic Global Learning (SGL) is to provide the highest quality technology enhanced and individualized in-class and online distance learning classes and programs, using the latest brain-based research. SGL wants to make significant changes in the way education is delivered online by providing personalized learning interfaces.
Internship Position: Marketing Assistant
Synaptic Global Learning is seeking a creative, self-motivated marketing candidate to help coordinate and execute the company’s marketing, communications, and sales programs. Marketing Assistant will work as an integral member of the Sales & Marketing team by assisting, with, the development and implementation of marketing strategy. As well as serving as the point-of-contact and direct sales to prospective customers.
This position is a potential to become a regular full time opportunity, upon satisfactory performance review.
We’re seeking ambitious candidates who want to begin a career in a challenging, rewarding environment.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the design, development, and maintenance of marketing materials to support the company’s sales and marketing efforts.
- Provide customer service inquiries via phone and email Assist with implementation of online marketing programs (SEO, paid search campaigns, blogging, social media, etc)
- Responsible for executing mass mailing initiatives including direct mail and email campaigns.
- Maintaining and updating company websites
- Update product information on various affiliate portals on a regular basis
- Track, analyze, and summarize the success of our online campaigns, as well as develop regular marketing reports
- Produce weekly sales reports.
- Conduct competitive analysis and market research as directed
- Provide general office operational support as needed, including act as the EA on duty for company executives when they are unavailable/out of the office, accounts payable/receivable duties, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor’s degree or final year in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Less than 1 year of professional work experience
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Knowledge of HTML, Google Analytics, and Google AdWords.
- Knowledge of social media, for sales and marketing.
- Willingness to learn and execute sales and marketing strategy.
- Strong phone and face to face communication skills.
- Disposition to acquire adaptive learning.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High energy level.
- The ability to work well individually and as a member of a group.
- Good judgment, a positive attitude, and a willingness to take initiative.
- Approximately 20 hours per week during school year
- Compensation – $12/hr
- Immediate start date
- Located at the Venture Development Center, UMass Boston
For more information on responsibilities and qualifications needed for StEP’s latest internship postings, go to our website.
For an overview of our program and helpful tips, please refer to our ItunesU video on Career Services Itunes U: http://www.itunesu.umb.edu
To apply for StEP internships, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.