The MAP-Works Survey helps you and your advisors understand the elements that impact your social and academic success here at UMass Boston. The University has invested in this program as a tool to help aid in student success. On October 1, all students were emailed a link and information about this survey, requesting that it be completed by October 15, when it closes.
Note: Despite the similarity in names, this survey is not related to the College of Management’s Management Achievement Program (MAP).
There are benefits to taking the survey:
- Help us help you: Survey results will help advisors and administrators assess trends in student needs which may serve as guideposts to developing additional resources for success.
- Help yourself: The Survey will give you and your advisor insights to your goals so we can develop a plan together to help you stay on track reaching them.
And of course there are incentives for you to complete the survey:
- You will be entered in a raffle to win Priority Registration for the Spring 2013 semester. Twenty students will win a chance to register for spring classes before anyone else – and you know how those CM classes can fill up!
- You get 25 MAP Miles. This might not sound like a lot, but when you calculate 75% of you miles, you may find it comes to an odd number – and these 25 miles might make the difference you need to reach this requirement.
- If you take it during the Accounting, Finance and Business Career Fair on October 10, 2012 – you can be an instant winner and walk away with a cool gift from the College of Management.
When you link to the survey, you should use your full UMass Boston email address with @umb.edu and password to log in. The survey will only be available October 1-15, 2012 – so you are encouraged to take the survey NOW!
If you were a student who took this as part of the pilot launch in the spring 2012 semester, you should still take again now.