Film “Review” Friday: The Emoji Movie

The “Citizen Kane” of Films

Why “The Emoji Movie” is the Greatest Film of All Time

By David Davidson

Often diamonds are obscured by the trivial garbage of the mainstream media and films. While people are gushing over “The Shape of Water” (“The Shape of Water”) or “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” (“Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri) no one is talking about the depth of this overlooked animation. When viewing the film on my Gameboy, in a damp dark alley at 11:00pm the other night, it struck me the way that even if an image can tell a lot, an emoji can tell more. It can tell a variety of emotion, passion, feelings, emotion, depth, senses, emotion, feeling, senses and emotion. Our digital age has complicated the simple world of the past. Back then, you send a letter bird to grandma and she sends back money, but now you send an emoji and grandma sends money. Can you believe it? “The Emoji Movie” (“The Emoji Movie”) tackles the lack of complexity in human emotion, brilliant marketing strategies and the timeless message of “Phones are alive”.

In my personal opinion, humans have singular emotions and they are connected to that single emotion. The main character of the film is the “meh” emotion, and it really brings the character to life by having only one character trait and zero growth. In these mainstream Hollywood Films, the characters have like two or more emotions and I’m in my recliner saying “Woah, hold up this is too much”. I was chatting with the sandwich maker at the Quiznos I live in, and he was saying that all of the customers he has seen are bare bones and have on personality trait. Then he put onions on my sandwich, I flipped out and now we aren’t friends. Anyways humans are the simplest of organism, any scientist will tell you this (Believe me I went to online school).

Marketing is almost as important as the post credit scene in movies. On the subject I dislike the post credit scene because back in the day I would crawl around on the floor looking for leftover popcorn during the credits, now everybody sticks around. The use of product placement in the movie was brilliant. They literally are in a phone and spend thirty plus minutes demonstrating how apps like “Just Dance” works. I mean, do you see “The Shape of Water” (“The Shape of Water”) doing that anytime soon, to be honest did not see it. Something about the fish thing was just a little too much for me.

The final conclusion of my argument on why “The Emoji Movie” (“The Emoji Movie”) is the best film ever, hands down no counter argument, is the way that it explains that phones are everything and we would be nothing without them! That’s it.

In conclusion of my conclusion. I am right. You are wrong. I can’t wait for “The Emoji Movie Part 2: The Last Jedi”. Thanks and if you have any questions or comments please post them below.

——————————————————————————————————————————–

The User has disabled comments on this post.

References

The Emoji Movie. Directed by Tony Leondis, Performances T.J. Miller, James Corden and Anna Faris, Columbia Pictures, LStar Capital and Sony Pictures Animation, 2017.

The Shape of Water. Directed by Guillermo del Toro, Performances by Sally Hawkins, Octavia Spencer and Michael Shannon, Fox Searchlight, 2017.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. Directed by Martin McDonagh, Performances by Frances McDormand, Woody Harrelson and Sam Rockwell, Blueprint Pictures, Film 4, Fox Searchlight Pictures, 2017.