Testing anxiety — Is MCAS the right tool for students this year?
“In one week my students will sit to write an essay for the MCAS, and I am terrified.
Last year we called our students back from remote learning for this exam. In my small classroom, with one purifier and open windows, I watched students I had never met in person sit for an exam I had not prepared them for, hoping that we hadn’t duped them into risking their health for no reason.
I think we duped them.”
Read more at Boston Parents Schoolyard News
Read more from local teacher writers…
- Reflections on Racea poem by BWP Board Member and MA teacher, Oris Bryant Continue reading
- After is a Powerful Worda piece by BPS teacher, Mary Dibinga Continue reading
- Reimagining the World Aftera piece by BPS teacher, Yana Minchenko Continue reading
- Noun Heavya piece by BPS teacher Barbara Ghartey Continue reading
- Racism Repeats Itselfa poem by BPS teacher Ling-Se Chesnakas Continue reading
- Life is Shorta piece by MA teacher, Dierdre McCarthy Continue reading