Not Goodbye, but Hello.

Not Goodbye, but Hello.

“All endings are also beginnings. We just don’t know it at the time.”

― Mitch Albom

With the summer coming to an end, I feel more nervous than I was when I started the summer. Almost as if my life is coming to an end, but in a good way.

As I’m entering my last year of high school, I feel more weight building up on my shoulder. However, it’s from the stress of fearing what life after I walk the stage in June is going to be like.

I feel beyond prepared to tackle whatever challenges life throws at me, but you know there’s always going to be some part of you that questions every step you take. I’m not concerned as to whether or not I am going to succeed in life because I’ve had the help of Urban Scholars to guide me and push me to be amazing. They are the best support system anyone could ask for.

This summer was truly unlike any summer I’ve experienced in the past. It opened my eyes to what life post-high school is like. With the added responsibilities of adulthood. I honestly never really knew that it takes a lot out of someone to be great.

I realized I actually have to put forth effort in order to gain.

In high school, my Junior year, I had lost every ounce of motivation I had in me. I let everything just slip and blow past me, my grades were no longer my priority. I allowed myself to fall behind, I wasn’t concerned about getting to class and doing work, and succeeding at it.

I was too stubborn to notice anything.

It took two meetings with Urban Scholars for me to see how much jeopardy I was putting my future in. I lacked the support and motivation I needed to move forward with my education, and Urban Scholars gave it to me. I was able to turn myself around in enough time that I didn’t end up failing my Junior year. I won’t make the same mistake again in September.

I will be successful, I will do great in college and I will prosper throughout anything that I do in life.

I am not going to let myself down, again.

This summer I was also able to make new friends/relationships and mend past ones because of the familial environment. Surrounding myself with such positive energy this summer was life awakening. I realized a lot of things about myself that I didn’t know mostly because of how closed off I was.

Though I will no longer be an intern here and this was my last summer as an Urban Scholar, my time blogging and learning isn’t over. I intend on carrying everything I’ve learned with me through out life, this experience was truly unforgettable and I wouldn’t have traded it for anything.

This isn’t my goodbye post, but rather a see you later. I am certain this isn’t the last time you’ll here from me, keep a look out. I plan on making a change to the communities and world we live in today.

Thank you for joining me this summer, our next encounter isn’t so far away.