The Healey Library has thousands of e-resources available virtually 24/7 whenever you need them. There are e-journals, e-books, and streaming videos on a wide variety of subjects that are easy to view or download.
To access these e-resources, you must begin at the Library Home page at: http://www.umb.edu/library. You cannot access these resources directly from the Web. Then click on E-resources in the left column and then the E-journals link in the middle of the page.
The Healey Library eResources List page appears. The Titles tab contains an alphabetical list of electronic books, journals, magazines and newspapers that are available.
To locate an e-resource, select Title begins with, Title contains, or Titles exact match from the drop down list, depending on how much of the title you know. Next, type in the name of resource in the search box and click the Search button.
A list of matching titles appears. Check the dates available for the resource and make sure that it covers the time period you want. Some journals have embargo dates and you cannot access the most recent issues.
When you locate the resource you want, click the link that best matches. You will see a Login box. (We need to make sure that you are a valid user.) Then enter your Last Name and Healey Library Barcode in the Login box. Finally, click the Login button.
You now have access to the e-resource. You can now search for articles, or read/download the e-resource.
Also, from the Title list, you can click one of the other tabs across the top:
- Advanced search lets you create a detailed search for e-resource titles.
- Databases shows a title list of the online databases available. These online databases let you search across multiple e-journals.
- E-book collections provides a list of our e-book providers.
- Film and Media (streaming videos) details our video collection by provider.
- Publishers lists all of our e-resource providers.