2019 Lunch & Learn
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Location: Esri, Middleton, MA
New Arc GIS Urban App and Survey 123 for ArcGIS
- Urban Planning – A web-based 3D planning system to conduct Scenario Planning in Urban to understand existing conditions, to evaluate future land use and zoning changes, and to collaborate with key stakeholders on a shared vision for the future. Leverage ArcGIS Urban to integrate Building Information Models (BIM) with GIS to visualize development proposals on the web and in 3D.
- Survey 123 – Part of the Esri Geospatial Cloud, Survey123 for ArcGIS is a complete, form-centric solution for creating, sharing and analyzing surveys.
The purpose of NEGIS is to:
- Raise awareness and promote Geographic Information Technology (GIT) in the community
- To promote continuing education in GIT and to share information throughout the community
- To award scholarships and internships to GIT students, who are pursuing GIT degrees, GIT certificates or using GIT as an integral part of their degree or learning experience (at the post secondary level)
- To fund the scholarships through conferences, lunch and learn events, and other activities to elevate awareness
Potential recipients of the scholarships will be required to complete an application that includes: submitting an essay describing how the scholarship and internship will enhance their GIT education and their future in the industry; an official transcript of their grades (where applicable); any other information that would be relevant to their receipt of scholarship funds and an internship.