Nature & Technology

Photo of laptop levitating by the ocean.

As a busy college student, it gets overwhelming with all the tasks and to-do lists. Technology is a huge element for learning today. It helps us get things done. But it’s also frustrating. We lose our mental health, our physical health, and maybe even ourselves in the world of what technology offers.

And we often over look how much nature can revive us.

Slow down.

Take a look around our campus. You’ll see that we are surrounded by the calm water slowly drifting in and out. It keeps us in check. It keeps us balanced.

___________________

The process of producing this photo required a lot of pre-production and post production work. First, I had to sketch out the idea of my vision. Then, I had to figure out how to put it together. As you can see, I needed two major photographs: the background, and the computer.

During the photo shoot, it’s very important that both of these shots have consistent lighting and shadow, which means understanding which direction the sun is coming from.

Taking multiple shots at a few similar angles can give you options post-production.

During post-production, the first step is to make sure both photos are correctly exposed on Lightroom. Then, take them into Photoshop. You can either use the masking tool or selection tool. This step requires a lot of attention to small details. Clone out any details. Create a shadow for the computer by using the burn or brush tool. Then, use shadows and brushes to blend it so it looks realistic yet magical.

Finally, I’d bring it back to Lightroom to do some final touches.