Just Some Nantucket Pictures

All I can say is that I can not believe that the three months went by already and that we are back home. It started out slow with the weather being so snowy and cold but the last few weeks the weather was amazing and they flew by! These pictures were from some of my favorite memories and places on Nantucket. This lighthouse I stopped at one of the really nice days towards the end and it was just so pretty and it was one of the first things you could see of Nantucket when you take the ferry into the harbor.

The picture below is from the pretties sunset I took a picture of on the island. We were going out to look at horseshoe crabs which I was studying for my capstone project and sadly couldn’t find any. But being able to walk the beach at sunset was so amazing!

This was from one of the coldest days when we went outside and no one knew we were going to be out looking for worms in the sand. The beach was empty and it was so beautiful. This was taken at the entrance into Folgers marsh which is right next to the UMASS Boston Field Station.

One afternoon during Peters class we went out and searched for snowy owls. This was the only good picture I got of the one we found and it was so incredible. Its not the best quality but it was really nice. We found them at the cranberry bogs which were also really cool to visit since they weren’t filled yet.

This is my favorite picture I took just because of all the colors. This was taken during a nature walk around the island. There isn’t much to say about this besides that it reminds me of summer time and makes me wish we could have been on the island during the summer or at least experience it.