Round two…DING!

I can’t believe we are already done with our first block of class, Eco-poetics.  I have to say that I have a newfound repect for poetry in general.  When I first heard that this was going to be one of our classes I was not happy about it.  It only took one or two classes for me to figure out that it wasn’t what I though it was going to be, and I actually enjoyed writing some poems.  I have to to extend my thanks to Len Germinara for exposing us all to the art of peotry, rather than shove it down our throats.  His emphasis on the fact that poetry does not have to have any form and allowing us the freedom to write about anything we wanted made it impossible not to enjoy what we were doing.  We were lucky to have the many guest speakers, from local author Nathanial Philbrick to Poetry Slam legend Regie Gibson.  So, Thank You Lenny. We crammed a lot of fun, art, island history, public engagment and coming together as a group into these first three weeks.  I couldn’t have imagined this adventure starting out any better and I am excited for whatever is to come.  I also want to thank my fellow students for being who they are and making this experience what it has been and will be when its over, you guys rock!  Lets continue to be tight and help each other when its needed.  Oh yeah……and keep PLAYING LIKE CHAMPIONS!!