My First Blog

jorge

Welcome! This is my first blog as the Dean of the College of Management at the University of Massachusetts Boston.  I would like to start a virtual journey with all of you and take this opportunity to discuss the happenings on and off campus, in the business world, and beyond.  There are several topics that I would like to discuss with you that would include campus updates, industry tips, career development, case studies, my personal experiences, events happening around the world and in our academic networks.

It has been an honor to serve as Dean of the College of Management at UMass Boston for the past two years.  I am proud to state that our faculty and staff work hard every day to prepare the next generation of business leaders. As a school, we share a culture of pride and we are a place where our constituents are committed towards the common goal of developing business intellectuals.

The vison for this blog is to communicate with the community.  The work with students, faculty, industry partners, and leaders is meant to enhance the educational and social life at the College of Management, as well as the profession. I welcome your comments and questions along the way.

Lifelong learning is essential for anyone who aims to make a change in the society. I hope to utilize this platform as a source of inspiration, discussion, and powerful exchange of ideas. Posts will be monthly to keep you updated about exciting accomplishments and activities going on campus, in Boston, and around the world.

Welcome again!

Jorge Haddock

Dean and Professor
College of Management