For every class session, one student will summarize what was covered in the class including:
- what happened in class (what was discussed, reviewed, important notes)
- homework assigned
- upcoming assignments and other important dates
- any questions or items that the class would like answered/reviewed based on exit cards
Sign-ups for the assignment will take place in the first week. Each student must sign up for one class historian session. Additional sign-up for class historian sessions for extra credit will be available after each student has completed one session.
For the class that students are the Class Historian, students should:
- arrive early (a few minutes before class)
- make sure they have all learning materials
- take notes
- collect exit cards at the end
- review exit cards for class historian post (and then turn in to the professor next class session)
- email professor the post by 11:59pm on the day of the class
If a student cannot make it to class on the day of their Class Historian session, it is his/her responsibility to trade the session with someone else. Failure to complete this assignment will result in a failing grade.