Research Experiences for Undergraduates in Integrative and Evolutionary Biology
The REU Program at UMass Boston will open its applications for summer 2023 in late fall 2022.
The summer 2023 REU program offers undergraduate students the opportunity to:
- Carry out an independent research project in biology.
- Work closely with a faculty advisor and research group.
- Develop research skills, include computational, analytical, and/or laboratory skills
- Explore issues related to research such as science ethics and communication
- Exchange ideas with students at weekly seminars.
Program Dates: This program runs from June 5 to August 11, 2023.
Location: The campus is south of downtown Boston on a peninsula extending into scenic Boston Harbor.
Stipend: Participants will receive $9,300 for the 10-week period, which includes a stipend of $6,000, plus a room and board allowance of $3,300.
Eligibility: Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States and must be enrolling in college for the fall of 2023. Students who will graduate by June 2023 are not eligible to apply. Applicants should have completed at least one semester of college-level biology. Students from minority groups underrepresented in science and students from primarily undergraduate institutions are especially encouraged to apply.
Application due date: Applications will be accepted until February 15, 2023.
- Ecology and evolution of birds in urban environments
- Immune cell development
- Virus evolution & transmission
- Regulation of meiosis
- Circadian rhythms, mRNA regulation, and metabolism
- Ecological genomics of plants
- Neurobiology of vision
- Evolution of mRNA regulation in stem cells
- Developmental genetics in zebrafish
- Cell signaling in Drosophila
- Ecology & evolution of insect herbivores
- Amphibian microbiome & disease ecology
- Marine coastal ecology
For More Info Go To:
More Information: https://www.umb.edu/academics/csm/biology/beyond_the_classroom/research_experiences_for_undergraduates