The MGH Center for Women’s Mental Health is looking to fill two (2) open Clinical Research Coordinator positions with a start date of early June 2022.
Clinical Research Coordinator Position Announcement
The Center for Women’s Mental Health is a clinical and research program within the
Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital. Our Program is dedicated to the
evaluation and treatment of psychiatric disorders associated with female reproductive function.
The Center provides a range of clinical services to women which include: consultation regarding
the use of psychiatric medications during pregnancy; treatment for postpartum mood and
anxiety disorders; treatment for premenstrual syndrome; and treatment of menopause related
mood and anxiety symptoms, sleep disorders, and hot flashes. The goal of our research division
is to examine a wide range of questions which affect the lives of women with psychiatric
conditions. Our research projects mirror the span of our center’s clinical expertise. For more
information about the clinical and research program, please visit our website: www.womensmentalhealth.org.
The research coordinators in our Program are each assigned 1-2 active research projects and
are responsible for the implementation of those projects under the guidance of the principal
investigator(s) and the supervision of the senior research coordinator.
The research coordinators are primarily responsible for the following research activities:
• Conducting research visits with study patients and study clinicians
• Managing the recruitment, screening and enrollment of research patients
• Administering psychiatric assessments
• Phlebotomy and specimen preparation (a phlebotomy course is offered at MGH)
• Data collection and entry, and database management
• Preparation and submission of research protocols to the IRB
• Ensuring compliance with the Partners IRB and other federal and institutional guidelines
• Periodic special projects, such as a grant submission or a journal article submission
Currently, our group is made up of five research coordinators, a senior research coordinator, a
program coordinator, a biostatistician, and eight psychiatrists, two of whom are principal
investigators, including the Director. The research coordinators work closely with the study
principal investigators and meet twice weekly as a group to review study progress. This is a full-time hourly position with a 9:00-5:30 workday and a ½ hour unpaid lunch. Our Program is
located in the Simches Research Building in a combined administrative and clinical space and
all work is conducted on-site, permitting hospital instruction around COVID-19.
We are looking for candidates who possess at least a bachelor’s degree. At least one year of
research experience, paid or un-paid, is preferred but not required. The salary for this full-time
position will start at $43,680 per year, and benefits are available. Candidates who can start in
May or early June of 2022 are preferred. A two-year commitment is strongly preferred.
Note: Amidst ongoing COVD-19 pandemic, a hybrid work model is in place. Relocation to Boston is required for this position.
• Critical thinking skills and ability to independently resolve problems
• Careful attention to details
• Time management and ability to prioritize
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Microsoft Office and general computer literacy
• Data management and analysis knowledge is advantageous though not required
Interested applicants may send cover letters and resumes to Program Coordinator Bryn Rediger at firstname.lastname@example.org