A Summer research opportunity from URiM students offered through The American Gastroenterological Association (AGA):
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must identify with a group traditionally underrepresented in biomedical research, including-
- Racial and ethnic groups: African Americans or Blacks, Native Alaskans, Native Americans, Native U.S. Pacific Islanders, and those of Hispanic origin.
- Individuals with disabilities.
- Individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds, i.e., those meeting two or more of the following criteria:
- Current or former homeless.
- Those who were in the foster care system.
- Those who were eligible for the Federal Free and Reduced Lunch Program for two or more years.
- First generation college students.
- Those who were or are currently eligible for Federal Pell grants.
- Those who received support from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children.
- Those who grew up in a U.S. rural area according to the Health Resources and Services Administration or a Low-Income and Health Professional Shortage Area according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
Fellowship Information and Application Link: