Kenya Heart and Sole

The Afya Njema Project

Oded Polat

| 0 comments

My name is Oded Polat and I am 32 years old. Originally I am from Israel and arrived at the US after meeting my wife in Israel. I am a graduate nursing student from the University of Massachusetts in Boston and am studying to take my final nursing exam (started attending UMASS at the Fall of 2009 and graduated on December of 2013). Hopefully by the time you will read this letter I hope I will pass the exam and will be a certified nurse.

I am married and have a 4 months old boy and we also have 2 cats. My family and I leave in the Cambridge area. The rest of my family are all back home in Israel. I have some medical experience as I was a medic in the Israeli army as well as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) for about a year. In case you don’t know, EMTs are the medics on the ambulances. I am currently working as a nurse assistant in the Cambridge hospital and am hoping to work there as soon as I receive my nursing license. I have never been to Kenya or Africa in general but always wanted to visit. I really enjoy seeing other cultures and am very exited to participate on this trip mainly because I will be joining as a professional who came to assist and not as a tourist, eventhough I cannot wait to see your beautiful country (I have looked at pictures on the internet) and meet the locals.

Looking forward to meet and work with you side by side. See you in a few months, Oded Polat

312013_10150777603465328_7620510_n