Hi, GWC students,
The Graduate Writing Center closed at the end of SUMMER, 2022.
New resources include the
Center for Academic Excellence–academic workshops, academic coaching, and more, including sessions on time-management and success. Visits to classes or/and graduate programs are available. https://www.umb.edu/academics/vpass/academic_support Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com to learn more.
Writing Center–“We’re the university-wide Writing Center. We provide free services for undergraduate and graduate students to support their academic and professional writing at any stage of the writing process.” https://www.umb.edu/writingcenter Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
If you have questions about how to access these new resources, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for working with us during the past two decades. :)
Question: May I still use the handouts, lists, and resources on this weblog? Answer: Yes! Click the “Resources & Handouts” tab and/or the Tutor-Curated Resources tab!
Archive begins below . . . .
Please choose the In-person Courses tab, or the Remote/Online courses tab, above, as appropriate, for FAQs, registration, and scheduling information. Use the link (upper right side corner) to the GWC WCOnline site to register and to schedule summer tutoring.
More Spring 2022 GWC information and event flyers will be available during the early part of the Spring 2022 semester.
The Graduate Writing Center (GWC) has supported student success in UMass Boston masters’, graduate certificate, and doctoral programs since 1998. The GWC offers multiple services, allowing engagement at many levels—from students who access multiple forms of GWC support each week throughout their graduate careers to students who make visits to drop-in sessions during key points in their writing courses. The GWC also collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create customized and innovative support for specific courses, programs, and graduate student groups.
GWC services for students include:
• In-person 1-1 tutoring for students completing In-person UMass Boston graduate courses
• Remote 1-1 tutoring for students in remote/online UMass Boston graduate courses
• Drop-in writing sessions, including weekly small-group writing consultations
• Support for student-founded Writing Support Groups and SPACE for dissertation, capstone, and thesis writers
• GWC resources and handouts
GWC services for faculty or by faculty request include:
• In-class writing session visits for on-campus graduate courses, programs, and/or graduate orientations
• Online Graduate Writing Tutoring virtual visits/sessions for online graduate courses
• Instructional support