A large contingent of UMass Boston gerontology students, faculty, and staff presented more than 50 talks and posters and collected awards at the 2022 annual scientific meeting of the Gerontological Society of America, held in early November in Indianapolis. For most attendees, it was the first large, in-person gathering they had attended since the pandemic shutdown in 2020.
UMass Boston award winners included:
- Taylor Jansen, doctoral student, best Social Research, Policy and Practice student poster
- Taylor Jansen and Shayna Gleason, doctoral students, Social Research, Policy, and Practice Travel Awards
- Shu Xu, doctoral student, Health Science Travel Award
- Janelle Fassi, doctoral student, James McKenney Student Travel Award from the Academy for Gerontology in Higher Education, and Carol Schutz Travel Award, Emerging Scholar and Professional Organization
- Qian Song, PhD, assistant professor of gerontology, Bridging Mentor-Mentee Program Award from the Chinese Gerontology Studies Interest Group.