GCU-UMass Boston Exchange Blog

Reflection

| 0 comments

Reflecting back upon the week long exchange experience, I believe I have grown personally and learned so much. I feel as though being a host for our friends from GCU has made me more outgoing, and aware of how different our country is from theirs. This week long adventure got me and my peers out to travel around our city and experience it with our guests. I feel like I know Boston better and see it in a new light now that I’ve participated in the exchange. Taking the exchange students to the sites and experiences in our city has also opened my eyes to the differences between here and the UK. Differences such as certain products that are sold here but not there and vice versa, also how sizes in clothing are done in both countries, and the differences in sports. Through this venture I also learned about the differences in the education systems from both the UK and the US. I found it interesting how things were the same in some ways and different in others. Comparing lab manuals was one way I was made aware of these comparisons. I learned not only more about Boston and the UK, but also about my friends. I feel that the exchange strengthened the bonds not only between the students in my community, but also between the three communities involved. I believe we have all come together as a family through collaboration, and enjoying the great times throughout the week as a team. If I ever get the chance to visit Scotland, or take classes there I would. Not only to see the great friends I made again, but also to experience more from the amazing culture than what the GCU students have shared with me while being here. Overall I can say that, as cliché as it is, this program has been enriching and truly magical, and I wish I could do it again.