GCU-UMass Boston Exchange Blog

Greetings from Glasgow!

| 0 comments

Snapchat-8725957569407010665-1Hey everyone! Welcome to my first blog post since arriving in Glasgow, Scotland. We’ve stayed here for one night, and there is already so much happening here. My blog posts are going to be divided into two sections: a quick Sparknotes section for those of you who are too busy at the moment, and a vlog section for if you want to truly want to experience Glasgow through the lens of my Nikon. Happy reading!

Airport Days:

The plane rides were quite the journey, as we were met with an hour-long delay on our first flight from Boston to London. This caused us to miss our second flight, which caused another long delay, before we were able to fly from London to Glasgow.

Thought this fork was a pretty accurate representation of my life. Yes, it couldn’t pick up anything.

We were given a full meal, plenty of time to watch movies, and breakfast. I highly recommend watching The Danish Girl, even though it definitely made me cry. Here is just one of the many unforgettable views from the plane window:

We were met with the most amazing hosting team, and given gift bags full of Scottish soda and candy. We headed to Nando’s for lunch, which had the most delicious chicken. Against the advice of the dean, we slept all day after that, so we ended up waking up at midnight to go to a McDonald’s.

By now, we’ve already spent an entire day here in Glasgow. That video is currently being edited, so make sure that you’re looking out for the next blog post!

To see more of my travels, just watch this video!

https://youtu.be/nqu6gKNiy5s

Thanks for reading!

Vivian