GCU-UMass Boston Exchange Blog

Biochem A Ambassador Introduction, Syeda Kazmi

| 0 comments

Syeda Kazmi.

Syeda Kazmi. I am in the brown cardigan and pink shirt.

I am Syeda Kazmi, an ambassador traveling from the Biochemistry A freshman seminar. I am excited to be able to take this opportunity to travel across the sea. I hope to make great memories in Scotland that I can further share with everyone when I return and while I am there.

I am a Biology major with a pre-med track. I am considering either going into cosmetology as a plastic surgeon, or working in the ER section of the hospital in the future. I still need to put more thought into it but those are the areas I am currently considering. Though the first goal is Medical School.

I went to Bellingham Middle School. Then I moved to Woonsocket, RI and attended the high school there for three years. At the start of my senior year I moved to Hopkinton, MA and graduated from Hopkinton High School. I am originally from Pakistan, the Punjab district. My home city was Sialkot and both my parents are from Gujarat.

My hobbies are reading, and art. I am basically a self taught artist, but I have taken an advanced art class in high school once. I mostly work with pencil sketches, but i also love to paint. I prefer using India ink, watercolor and acrylics as my primary mediums in my art work. My compositions vary in subject matter, but I tend to do portraits the most. I actually considered being an Art minor as well, but the Art field requires a lot of time and commitment which i want to give to my STEM studies.

The books I have read in the past are adventure, action, sifi and such genres, but I don’t have any particularity when it comes to books. I mostly read whatever peaks my interest. My favorite books by far are “The Secret Garden” by Frances Hodgson Burnett, and “To Kill a Mockingbird” by Harper Lee. I am currently reading “The Hobbit” by J.R.R.Tolkien, and I will start “The Lord of the Rings” series next.

I like to watch movies a lot! However I don’t watch horror movies, period. My favorite movie company is Studio Ghibli, and my favorite film maker is Hayao Miyazaki. I like animated movies, or adventure and action movies the most. I like to watch Anime as well, which are Japanese animations or Manga which are Japanese comics. I am also into various genres of music. This includes Korean pop music (k-pop). I also like to watch Korean dramas and Indian/Pakistani dramas when I have the time.

I play a lot of sports as well. I played tennis, track, volleyball and basketball competitively in the past. I like to play soccer too, though not on a team. I currently practice Karate. I take classes for it every Tuesday and Thursday  (my lab days D’: ). I have a wide range of interests and am always open to adopting new ones.

I travel 2 and a half to about 3 hours one way to get to school. So I am often rushing in the morning to catch my train. Last semester I took the 5:00 am train to reach school in time for the Chem 1 final at 8:00 am. So whenever I miss a train in the morning I have to wait about an hour for the next one, and then rush as much as possible to get to my Chem class in time.

I believe that’s enough information for now. I hope you enjoyed reading my rant 🙂