GCU-UMass Boston Exchange Blog

Visiting the Gallery of Modern Art

| 0 comments

Thursday was our final day of shadowing the GCU students in their classes, which was a bit disappointing because their lectures and lab were really cool. Something I found of particular interest was how little time they are actually in classes, as compared to the time we spend each week in class. They spend three days a week in class, and have only 3-4 classes per day, and Thursday’s are their longest day with 5 classes. We got to listen to one of Julie’s lectures on the Calvin Cycle and light-dependent reactions in photosynthesis, which Professor White is covering later (maybe I think…). After going to class, we were free to explore the city more, and decided to check out the Gallery of Modern Art (GoMA). I’m not one for modern art, and this museum was definitely not my style, but there was a floor that was intended for decoration by the public. They provided tape, newspaper, scissors, and sticky paper and basically let us go wild! We literally spent 2 hours inside making our WORKS OF ART. The rest of the afternoon and night we had free, so we went to dinner with our hosts (who are absolutely amazing by the way) and had a great night playing cards!

49

48

Outside GoMA

50

51

Inside GoMA: the top picture is the dome of the building, and the bottom is the floor decorated by the public

45

Inside GoMA and making some ART

46

44

Some of the most perfect Beyonce references in the museum, the top picture contributed by myself

Cassandra