The University has three scholarships available with a deadline fast approaching! Please consider applying to one or more of these scholarships by the January 2, 2015 deadline.
Applying has never been easier—all students need to do is log on to www.umb.academicworks.com using their Wiser ID and Password, and complete the application plus a short essay to apply for any (or all!) of the three scholarships by January 2, 2014.
We do not require a letter of recommendation or a transcript. Multiple awards will be made for each scholarship:
The Bob and Jean O’Hara Sheridan Scholarship ($13,500 available) seeks full-time undergraduate students who:
- Filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for AY14-15
- Reside in any neighborhood in the City of Boston or Everett
- Participates in co-curricular activities
- NOTE: No GPA Requirement
The Peter and Jackie Berlandi Scholarship Fund ($16,500 available) seeks full time undergraduate students who:
- Reside in and graduated from a public or private high school in an urban community within the Metropolitan Boston area
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or higher
- Students who have federally determined financial need may be given preferred consideration.
The Tina Bachand Memorial Scholarship ($16,000 available) seeks full matriculated undergraduate students in the College of Science and Mathematics or the College of Nursing and Health Sciences who meet the following criteria:
- Reside in Dorchester or South Boston
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Have a FAFSA on file at UMass Boston for the current academic year
- Preference will be given to applicants who have self-identified as single mothers.
Applicants will be screened by a committee and award decisions will be made in January-February.