by CM Undergraduate Program Office
Comments Off on Waitlists
If you are on a waitlist, you will need to monitor your registration closely until January 30. Each night, Wiser runs an automated process that fills any open seats with waitlisted students. However, there are certain circumstances where Wiser cannot enroll someone into an open seat, even when that students is in the first waitlist position. Examples of those cases are:
– When a student is enrolled in another class that is held at the same time Wiser cannot add that student to the waitlisted course;
– When a student has a hold on their record that prevents additional registration (including a Bursar’s hold, Parking Office hold, Immunization hold, Library hold, or other holds) Wiser cannot add that student to the waitlisted course;
– If Wiser thinks a pre-requisite is missing (as it is not able to recognize pre-requisite waivers or exceptions) Wiser cannot add that student to the waitlisted course;
– When a student does not have enough available credits to have another course added (unless a credit overload has been approved, most students are able to register for up to 17 credits/semester, which usually equates to 5 classes), Wiser cannot add that student to the waitlisted course;
– When a student is already enrolled in a section of the same course Wiser cannot add that student to the waitlisted course, since no one can be enrolled in two sections of the same course.
When the first student on the waitlist is unable to be added to the waitlisted course, Wiser will automatically move to the next student on the waitlist until all open seats are full. This means it could be possible the second or third student on the waitlist to get into a full course before the first student, if the second or third person has nothing preventing registration.
Once a class is full again through the waitlist process, no one can be added to the course, regardless of their waitlist position. When in the number one waitlist position, a student should be sure that all possible barriers to registration so that Wiser can add them to the waitlisted course if a seat becomes available during the add/drop period.