Ten reasons why I’m thankful for UMass Boston (in no particular order):
- Admissions team – Our admissions team is dedicated to helping you along the application process, answering your questions and informing you of all the things UMass Boston has to offer. Stop in and say hello!
- Location, location, location – Just 3 miles from downtown Boston. Think of the opportunities!
- Diverse population on campus – Our students, faculty and staff are from all walks of life.
- Amazing advising team – Our wonderful advisors are dedicated to helping students stay on track for graduation.
- Class selection – Our course/academic program selection is as diverse as the student population it serves.
- The catwalk – The catwalk connects the buildings on campus. Regardless of the weather, you can rest assured your walk to and from classes will be a comfortable one!
- 100+ student clubs and organizations – Whether you are interested in politics, dance, community outreach, or all of the above, our student clubs and organizations are a great way to connect and get involved.
- Cost – We offer a top-notch education at an affordable price, approximately $11,000 for the year (in-state). With Boston at your fingertips, the internship & networking opportunities are endless!
- Faculty – At UMass Boston our courses are almost always taught by faculty (not teaching assistants), who are dedicated to their field. Alice Carter, a professor in the Psychology Department, was recently published online in the Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry for her research on diagnosing autism at an early age and creating more customized treatments.
- Financial Aid – $125 million in financial aid is awarded to our students annually, meeting 92% of student need. UMass Boston believes the cost of education should never keep students from achieving an education.
What are you thankful for?
Here’s wishing everyone a happy, safe and healthy Thanksgiving!