The beginning of the fall semester at UMass Boston brings more than new faces, new classes, cooler weather and pumpkin spice lattes-it marks the start of a brand new cycle for us in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Very soon, I will be hitting the road (pumpkin spice latte in hand) to speak with prospective transfer students about everything that UMB has to offer. These college fairs can get a little busy, so here are answers to some of the questions you may forget to ask:
- How many credits will you accept? 70 from a two-year school, 90 from a four-year school.
- How will I know what will transfer? After you receive your acceptance packet, you will receive a Transfer Credit Evaluation in the mail. This shows you all of the courses you completed at your previous school (with a grade of C- or higher) and what they will transfer in as.
- How do I update my financial aid? Visit the FAFSA website and update your schools by adding UMass Boston.
- When can I visit? We have information sessions and tours Monday-Thursday at 3pm and Fridays at 2pm, just call 617-287-6000 and let us know you’re coming. You can also call 617-287-6100 to make an appointment to meet with a counselor.
- When is Open House? Saturday October 15, 2011. To register, please visit our Open House website and click on the “Sign up NOW!” bubble.
I am excited to get out there and speak with you one-on-one, so if you see me standing behind a blue UMB Banner, don’t be shy-come on over and say hello!