Hi, GWC students, YES, we are open for tutoring!!
All tutorials for newly remote courses and fully online will take place as synchronous 1-1 tutorials . You may schedule your tutorials as usual. At the start of your tutorial hour,
—-relogin to WCOnline (https://umbgwc.mywconline.com/)
—-click on your tutorial, then
—-click on START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION
The Graduate Writing Center (GWC) has supported student success in UMass Boston masters’, graduate certificate, and doctoral programs since 1998. The GWC offers multiple services, allowing engagement at many levels—from students who access multiple forms of GWC support each week throughout their graduate careers to students who make visits to drop-in sessions during key points in their writing courses. The GWC also collaborates with students, faculty, and staff to create customized and innovative support for specific courses, programs, and graduate student groups.
GWC services for students include:
• One-to-one in-person tutoring for students completing UMass Boston graduate courses
• Online 1-1 tutoring for students in UMass Boston online graduate courses
• Drop-in writing sessions, including weekly small-group writing consultations
• Support for student-founded Writing Support Groups and SPACE for dissertation, capstone, and thesis writers
• GWC resources and handouts
GWC services for faculty or by faculty request include:
• In-class writing session visits for on-campus graduate courses, programs, and/or graduate orientations
• Online Graduate Writing Tutoring virtual visits/sessions for online graduate courses
• Instructional support