Where are they now? Vishwa Shroff MBA Class of 2012

Profile Vishwa Shroff

Vishwa Shroff, MBA Class of 2012

My name is Vishwa Shroff and I have had the opportunity of completing my MBA at the beautiful campus of UMass Boston, positioned right next to the bay. UMass Boston’s MBA program offers courses that help students understand diverse business perspectives and multifaceted contexts, in meaningful ways. There are several core courses covering a comprehensive list of specializations that facilitated picking my favorite focus areas. I chose to focus on Marketing and Information Systems. During my time as a graduate student at UMass Boston, I had access to top-notch faculty who were field experts in the classes they taught. I also had the opportunity to be a graduate assistant at the department of Information Systems, which aided alignment of my course to real life cases. My classroom was a greatly diverse group of students from all over the world, which enhanced my student life and increased engagement on worldly affairs and global economies.

All in all, I am grateful to have graduated from UMass Boston as it served as a bridge in helping me transition from an international student from India into a successful business strategy and marketing professional in the US.

I graduated from UMass Boston in 2012 with an MBA.  

Post MBA

My first full-time role once I graduated was in a privately owned, luxury travel company as their first Web Marketing Analyst. It was a hands-on role where I got the opportunity to see how a medium sized, B2C direct marketing firm runs business and created marketing & CRM success metrics for them. Later, I joined a fast paced Ed-tech firm headquartered in the greater Boston area as a Sr. Marketing Data Analyst, and worked in a B2B environment, leading several projects in the marketing analytics and marketing operations domains for the firm.

About a year and half ago, I decided to make the big move and venture out to Silicon Valley to join the high-tech industry and think it has been great career choice. Currently, I work as a Marketing Manager, Digital Strategy & Marketing Operations in the Enterprise Marketing Group at the newly formed Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in San Francisco Bay Area. The role is a great blend of marketing operations, digital marketing strategy and program management. Thus far, I am pleased with how my career has shaped out to be post-MBA from UMass Boston.