Rue La La
Rue La La is a new breed of e-commerce marketing partner for world-class brands. A leader in the online private sale space, Rue La La has revolutionized online shopping for the world’s most desirable brands and the customers who have to have them. This is the invitation-only destination for a life of style- where Members delight in discovering private sale boutiques that open daily – and stay open only for a short time. A highly effective channel for brands in apparel, accessories, footwear, home, travel, wine, gourmet food, local services and more to meet and exceed business goals. Headquartered in Boston, Rue La La continues to expand its presence in New York by building out merchandise, marketing and sales capabilities in its Bryant Park office. The company’s success is largely due to unmatched capabilities in customer experience, merchandising, technology, production and logistics. The culture is defined by the 300-plus Associates, who make it happen every day – people who love style, live for innovation, and share a commitment to exceeding Member and brand partner expectations.
Internship Position: IT Support Internship
Summer internship. The intern will be assigned to assist professional staff with providing computer hardware, software and technical support to various divisions within the Boston office. Under the direction of a professional systems administrator, the intern will be responsible for the following scope of work duties:
- Supporting PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software (Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007)
- Monitoring help desk support requests
- Providing end user support in various levels of technical and non-technical staff
- A minimum 3.0 grade point average is required.
- Student must have awareness of the PC hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software
- Student must have awareness of the PC Industry’s current and emerging technology trends and direction, as well as a keen interest in computer-based information systems and technology.
- Interested applicants should possess excellent analytical skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems.
- Should have the ability to research and understand technical documentation, and an understanding of how to apply various technical resources.
- Ability to perform tasks such as providing operating systems and application software installations and upgrades, virus protection and eradication.
- Able to interact effectively with management, staff and other City personnel, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
- Applicants must be available from June 13-August 19th for 40hrs/week.
- $14 per hour
- Students must provide a resume, cover letter and a currently unofficial transcript (as proof of good academic standing) to firstname.lastname@example.org