Akiban’s data-grouping technology is a new approach for relational systems to deal with the complexity of scaled-out database schemas. It enables pre-computing of joins, which reduces and in many cases eliminates the high costs of these operations. That leads to transformational advances in performance and scalability, especially for complex operational queries. Akiban’s solutions can be deployed without the disruption and risk of a full database replacement. The solutions use only industry standard protocols and access mechanisms – including SQL – and therefore require only minimal changes to existing database applications. Akiban has its headquarters in Boston MA, and is funded by Foundation Capital and North Bridge Venture Partners.
1. Internship Position – Marketing Intern
Akiban Technologies is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our team. Every day we break through new barriers with our technology, but the key to our success is our people. This is a start up. Success will not be easy. It will be intense. It will be fun.
• Assist our marketing team with research, data management, lead development, community engagement, social media integration, event management and other marketing projects.
• Plan, execute and measure marketing campaigns, leveraging marketing automation, CRM and analytics tools.
• Work with the rest of the team to create compelling content and visualizations for the company’s website, community sites and email campaigns.
• Work with marketing team members to understand, develop and execute various reporting techniques
This position requires an enthusiastic, “street smart” marketing intern who can implement strategic choices into effective product and marketing plans. We talk to software developers and database administrators; the marketing intern should have experience in one or both of these fields. Requirements include:
• Pursuing degree in Computer Science (preferably alongside Business/Marketing)
• Database Technical skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work collectively with others to complete projects
Approximately 40 hours per week
$14 per hour
Transportation to Boston, MA is required
Please submit resume and cover letter to http://www.akiban.com/index.php?q=careers and cc: email@example.com