So this is my list of stupidly meaningful things you’re to do before you die. As a warning: this post will probably evolve as I do. And of course, it’s a bit aspirational.
- Write a book about something cool and true. Such as Two Years Before the Mast but on a science topic.
- Learn to shoot a flint-lock, muzzle-loading rifle with true accuracy.
- Rehab a house myself, with friends and family.
- Live in Ireland for a few months.
- Secure admission to a PhD program. Then get insanely great research done, until death.
- By my middle thirties eliminate the use of ‘like’ from my oral vocabulary.
- Testify as a expert witness once, like on CSPAN.
- Take in 10 Bruins home games a year for ten years.
- National service (AmeriCorps 1.5 years).
- Spend 3 months writing diary every day (Summer 2010).
- Pretentiousness Award (Fall 2010).
That’s about all I can think of, for now. Oh, maybe I’d also like to learn some German, and work there awhile. Seems like a pretty full life to me, though.