Individual VoiceThread Project Guide for Students
Hello Students! This page will help you create an individual project using VoiceThread.
Step 1: Create a VoiceThread
- Click the VoiceThread link in Blackboard.
- DO NOT click the Launch icon that appears. Wait for the link to launch automatically.
- Click Add Your Own in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click Create a New VoiceThread.
Step 2: Upload One or More Slides
- Click Add Media
- Click My Computer and select a PowerPoint, or single PDF to upload as the first slide. Note: Before uploading a PowerPoint, you must save the PowerPoint as a PDF first.
- Name your Group Project.
- Click Save.
Step 3: Add More Slides to Your VoiceThread
The initial image or PowerPoint PDF uploaded creates your VoiceThread, but you may always add more slides by doing the following:
- Click the Add Media icon.
- Click My Computer and select a new slide to add.
Step 4: Narrate Your Slides
Click on the slide you wish to narrate first, then:
- To begin the narration, click Comment.
- Click the Comment Bubble in the bottom center of the slide to open the Commenting Fan.
- Click either the Microphone Icon to leave an audio comment or the Video Icon to leave a video comment. Note: A security prompt may appear. Click Allow.
- During recording, you may use the Colored Pencil feature to annotate the slide while commenting. Click Fade to toggle whether the pencil “markings” stay or slowly fade from view.
- When you are done recording, click Stop Recording.
- The comment automatically begins playing back. If you are satisfied with your comment, click Save. If not, click Cancel to record a new comment.
- Click the Arrow in the lower right corner to advance to the next slide. Note: Start a new comment on each slide. Follow this process: Comment, Save, Advance to the next slide, repeat. Make sure to save before advancing to the next slide.
Step 5: Share Your VoiceThread
- Click the X in the upper right corner to close your VoiceThread.
- To share your VoiceThread with your Blackboard course, click Share and Return to Course.
- To finalize the sharing, click the Submit/Share button.
Step 6: Join the VoiceThread Discussion
Now that you’ve created and shared a VoiceThread, your classmates may comment on your project. To make comments on other student projects, click the VoiceThread link, and the completed, shared projects will appear on the VoiceThread Courseview Page. A complete guide is available on the Student Commenting Guide webpage.